Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tuesday, July 30, 2013, Redding, CA

We started our day as normal with coffee and computer.  I made an appointment with Quest to have another blood draw.  Gerri and Alice went to the pool and I left to go to my appointment and to look for some caches.  I forgot the order for the blood test and they didn't have a copy from last week, so I had to go back to the coach for it.

I did manage to find five caches.  In some ways urban caches are harder than others.  If you aren't familiar with the area, curved and dead end streets slow you down.  Not knowing where entrances to parks and other open areas is also a factor.  Add to that people that don't seem to check on their cache when someone else marks them as needs maintenance and you end up doing a lot of driving around with little accomplished.  I did find five today, bringing my total in Redding to thirteen and the total for this trip to nineteen.

Gerri and Alice had gone shopping and Gerri picked up our prescriptions at the CVS store.  Like I have said before, mundane every day things continue even on the road.

I got back to the park in time to clean up and visit with Keith and Alice before going to dinner.  We met our new friend Edith at the Upper Crust Pizza.  The food was good and the company lively.

Tomorrow is moving day.  Keith and Alice are heading for Russian River after a visit to a local tire shop.  We are headed for Verdi, NV for a visit with our daughter and some of the grand daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment