Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, July 15, 2013

July 14, 2013, Oceanside, CA

We were up and having coffee by 7:30, surprisingly there was some sun shining through and blue sky showing.  Gerri started her admin duties for her computer group and I caught up on Facebook and e-mail.  This computer crashed in March and I had to re-install programs.At that time I didn't have my Microsoft Office disks with us.  The importance of Office is that I use Outlook for my e-mail and calendar, I also use Excel for the log of our travels and Word for many things including the drafts of this Blog.  I tried several times to install from the disk but kept getting a message that a file was missing.

The plans for the day were that Todd and Jeannette would come over after they checked out of the Carlsbad Inn, we would visit and then go see Montyne and John at the show at Mission San Luis Rey.

They got to the RV park at about 1 PM.  Because the site we are assigned to is very narrow I got a parking permit for them to use one of the spaces nearby.  Todd wasn't wearing his T-shirt that said "no I won't work on your computer" so I asked him to see if he could install word.  After some effort he concluded that my disk had somehow become corrupted.  The plan was to find the missing file and download it.

Emma trying on hats
After the failed attempt to load Office on the computer we headed for the arts and crafts show at Mission San Luis Rey.  We had to park in a dirt lot and make a $2 donation but we finally found Montyne's booth.  San Luis Rey is a few miles inland so it was warmer there and the area was pretty dusty.  Jeannette took the kids around to several of the booths.  They had silhouette portraits made and Emma bough a spider on a elastic band tied to a stick.



As the show wound down we , well mostly Todd, helped John and Montyne pack up the art, take down the booth and load everything into their trailer.

At about 6 PM we headed to Joe's Crab Shack in Oceanside for dinner.  Emma had an allergy to shell fish so her choices were limited, she and Wyatt split a grilled salmon plate.  We has full dinners with appetizers and desert.  The root beer float was really popular with the kids.  Wyatt had to bribed  with part of the root beer float to finish his salmon.

After dinner we returned to the RV park and the kids headed home to Long Beach.

Earlier while waiting for the kids to arrive at the RV park, I had walked around the park a couple of times.  I decided to do another turn around the park before bed.  It isn't a large park but there were a lot of kids on bicycles riding pretty fast in the dark.  I had to be watchful, because most of them weren't. Part of the therapy recommended is that I walk an hour a day at least three times a week.  A couple of weeks ago I bought a sort of a pedometer, it also tracks activities besides walking.  So far even with an hour of walking I haven't made the recommended 10,000 steps.  Maybe when I start walking the steps faster.

I was in bed by 10:15 and Gerri stayed up later.  Another good day visiting family.  We are truly blessed with family, friends and the ability to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment