Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, July 19, 2013

July 18, 2013, Oceanside, CA

I got up at 6:40 and was still tired.  Gerri was asleep so instead of turning on the coffee, I went back to bed and slept until eight.  It was still a little overcast when I started the coffee.  The overcast cleared quickly.

Jane at the Acapulco Restaurant 
We just hung out at the coach until time for lunch.  Today we met Jane Knowles at the Acapulco Restaurant on the San Marcos restaurant row.  Jane lives in Escondido and we hadn't seen her for a couple of years, so there was catching up to do.  We sat outside and had a long leisurely lunch.  It was pleasant out and few people were around us so it was quiet.

Back at the coach we caught up on e-mail and Facebook. I made a couple of phone calls to our homeowners insurance company and the adjuster about the floor of the cabinet where the leak was not being replaced.  I am still waiting for a call back from the adjuster.
Later I went out to find some geocaches.  I found the first one pretty quickly.  The second one I went to was missing.  The cache was at the edge of a Ralph's parking lot, so I went in for a few items.  At the check out stand I found I didn't have my credit card.  The last place I used it was at lunch.  I called the Acapulco Restaurant and sure enough they had it.  What with traffic and an accident on CA-78 it took over two hours to get there and back to Oceanside.  I called it a day and returned to the RV park, having found only one cache.

We spent the evening watching recorded TV shows.  I did solve some Sudoku puzzles using my i-Pad.  I solved all I tried, but as I have said before they differ from what I consider easy.

I called it a night early.


No comments:

Post a Comment