Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 24. 2013, Reddng, CA

In the future I wall avoid putting the drivers side slide out before hooking up water and sewer. After the slide is out I have to stoop under it to make the connections.  I was duck walking and on my knees a lot.  This morning when I got up my knees were stiff.

After coffee and computer we had no plans except meeting Alice at her son's ranch at 4.  The son's (Wendell) 680 acre ranch in in Igo, CA about 16 miles from the RV park.  It was very hot with no breeze so we ate inside.  Both Alice and Wendell made appetizer.  Wendell made a delicious meal Salmon and a salad, Alice provided her famous baked accordion potatoes. After supper Wendell took me for a tour of the ranch.  Along the way I did three geocaches.  This area has a lot of oak trees and rolling hills with grass.  This time of year the grass is a golden brown.  In several places there are  good view of the mountains.  We spotted a few deer but none of the other wildlife Wendell said live on or near his ranch.  He said bear and bobcats were common and an occasional lion.

After I got back from the tour we visited with Alice until about 8:00 and headed back to the RV park.

Some computer and TV time finished the day and we were in bed at 10 PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment