Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday August 3, 2011

I forgot to mention that I cleaned the Jeep Tuesday evening.  I finished the job about an hour before the rain storm came through.  Twice during the night there was a thunder clap so loud it sounded like it was on top of us.  By noon Gerri said her ears were still ringing from the noise.
We were up and ready for the tech to take the coach in at 7.  We then left and I had Gerri drive to a Geocache site and I easily found it on an old Army helicopter.



We then went to breakfast at the Eaton Cafe.  Good as usual, except the biscuit and gravy tasted odd. Turns out the cook had used left over pancake batter to make the biscuits.  I was served new ones.
Back at Spartan I turned the Jeep over to our tech, John.  He assured me they could repair the wiring for the Jeep lights.
By a little after noon we got the coach back.  We now have a new 1660 front axle with disk brakes and Koni shocks.  All of our PM items are current.  The lights on the Jeep are fixed and all the brake lights on the coach now work.  We are good to go, lighter in the pocket book but I feel a lot better having about a thousand pounds of lee way on loading the front axle.  Prior to the change we were running about 800 pounds overweight on the front.
Since our next planned stop is 230 miles north we opted to spend another night at the Spartan customer area.  By 7 there were ten of us in Camp Charlotte.  It looked like a mini Newmar rally, 8 of the coaches were Newmar with two American Coaches.  An American Eagle came in late.
Gerri fixed supper.  I went out to empty trash and talked with one of the neighbors, Walt Edwards until nearly 10 PM.  When I got back to the coach, Gerri was already in bed asleep.
We don't plan an early start in the morning and Gerri wants to go through Lansing for pictures of the Michigan capitol building.. We have reservations for a site in Lakeshore RV Park in St. Ignace, MI.  Tomorrow we will be above the bridge on the UP, no longer Trolls below the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment