Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, August 15, 2011

Sunday August 14, 2011

The plan for today was to drive to Baily's Harbor for a Spartan Chassis International Chapter of the FMCA's post rally, about 180 miles north and east.
We were getting ready to go and I saw one of the service trucks from the awning company and told the man installing sun screens, he told me I would have to see someone at the place where they were doing assembly.  He gave me general directions.  In the interest of saving time and so I could try to talk to someone before unhooking the Jeep, I ask for a phone number.  He wouldn't give me one and got very rude.  I unhooked the Jeep and after some search of the area around the exhibit hall I found the assembly area.  They were no help and the same as told me to get lost.  They claim they provide the sun screens to a third company and didn't have a phone number.  I checked the receipt, it had the name RVs R Us but no phone number.
I returned to the coach and finished getting ready to roll.  We were on the road by 11.  By 11:15 I was on the wrong road and had to back track, a ten mile waste of fuel. All but about a quarter of the route was area we had already traveled from Oconto to Madison.
We stopped one time at a vegetable stand and bought corn and tomatoes.  We got to the Beantown Campground at a little after 3 PM.  We were assigned a nice pull through spot fairly close to the activities area.
There was a meet and greet at 4.  The chapter provided cheese, crackers and summer sausage.  They also had welcome package and small giveaways for every one.
The RV park isn't on the water but I caught a beautiful Moonrise.
Moon over Lake Michigan





No comments:

Post a Comment