Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tuesday August 9, 2011

We left Holtwood Park at 10 o'clock.  It seemed like there was road construction most of the way.  I guess when you have a long hard winter you hve to build as much as you can the rest of the year.  The 171 mile drive to Madison was unremarkable except for the road construction.  At one point I needed to change lanes to the left, I saw a car further back in that lane.  I signaled my lane change but the other car zoomed along side.  I thought some unkind thoughts about the drivers alertness.
We only made one stop and that was for fuel.  As I exited the freeway, I needed to get over three lanes to the left to enter the truck stop. I signaled with my left turn blinker and noticed a woman still trying to pass me on the left.  Two in a row?  While getting fuel I checked my turn lights and the weren't functioning.  We had taillights, brake lights and emergency flashers, but no turn signals.  I had to repent by unkind thoughts about the other drivers.
Our new neighborhood, east

Out new neighborhood, north
We got to Madison and the FMCA parking area about 1 PM.  I got my parking instructions and packet from will call, we were assigned general parking with electricity.  I was sure I had asked for handicapped parking with electricity.  I reread one e-mail that I had printed out, all the rest was lost with my computer.  That paper work specified general parking, not handicapped.  The difference is that to go to exhibits and events we have to take a tram.  The trams are actually tour buses, Glenna will have to get in the car to get to the tram stop, out of the car and into the tram.  I'm going to check and seeis we can move to a spot nearer the tram stop.
After gettig set up in our site I checked the turn signals again, nothing.  I walked to get our welcome packet, I looked back at the coach and saw the right turn signal blinking.  When I returned I tried the left, nothing.  I left the signal in the on position and while talking to neighbors behind us it started blinking.  I check both turn signals and the work now.  I'll see what happens when I hook up the Jeep.
I talked to some neighbors untill supper time.  At some point Gerri noticed that the time had changed, we are now on central time.
The weather here in Madison is decidedly cooler and with a breeze it was very nice out.  After the engine cooled down we were able to open windows and not run the air conditioner.
Again TV and computer time rounded out the evening.










No comments:

Post a Comment