Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Friday August 12 and Saturday August 13, 2011

Friday
Gerri and I got up early enough again this morning to attend the Frustrated Maestro's performance.  After that we went to the Fleetwood display and signed up for service on our slide.  I also stopped by the Spartan Chassis area and signed up for service to try to fix our turn signal problem.  We also have an appointment with the MCD Shade company to fix one shade that has no tension and a few others that go up too far.  I stopped by the M & G Engineering booth to ask how to check the proper functioning of the air brakes on the Jeep.  I also took the tow bar to the Roadmaster service truck to have it checked after my incident with not getting the Jeep hooked up properly.  After putting the tow bar on the bench they determined it wasn't damaged and was working properly.
I returned to the parking area to pickup Glenna to take her to a performance by the Ravoli's.  Gerri was at the exhibit area and noticed that the ice cream social was underway.  She tried to get in line and encountered an officious volunteer, who said she had to go outside and around the building to get in line.  Before she got to the line a fire alarm was set off and the building was evacuated.  She gave up on the ice cream and went to the arena to get us good seats for the Rivoli Revue.
Glenna and I took the shuttle bus to the exhibit area and got a ride to the arena area on a golf cart for the handicapped.  We got there before the Rivoli's started and we were on the second row.  At a half hour into the performance I got a phone call from Randy Hendricks of American Coach to meet the service techs at our coach. I told him where I was and he had me come by the Fleetwood display to ride to the coach with the techs.  They weren't able to do anything with the big slide which has leaks under certain circumstances.  They aren't allowed to go on the top of coaches at Rallies.  They did adjust the front curbside slide so it won't creep out while traveling.  They also adjusted and cleaned the tracks so it goes out smoothly.
The techs offered me a ride back to the exhibit area, but I figured that once the Rivoli show was over Gerri and Glenna would catch the shuttle back to the coach.  A little later Gerri called and confirmed they were on the way in the shuttle, we would have passed along the way, I made the right decision.
When Gerri started to prepare supper we found out the microwave oven wasn't working, no power.  We thought the work on the slide and the power problem were related.  So it's back to Fleetwood in the morning.


Rivoli Revue

Saturday
Since Spartan was scheduled to come at 9 AM we didn't get up and go to the Frustrated Maestros show at 7.  At about 8:30 I checked the turn signal, of course they worked.  I hooked up the wiring to the Jeep and all the lights worked.  John , who worked on the coach a couple of weeks ago in Charlotte, came at about 9.  He checked everything over and tightened a few connections.  The lights worked when he left.  We will wait and see what happens.
MCD called a little after John left and came by to fix one shade and repair the one that goes over the door.  While the MCD guy was there I went to the Fleetwood booth and left a note for Randy about the microwave.
I went to the exhibit area.  I bought some jack pads and talked with Ron and Kay Rivoli for awhile.
Randy called and told me the techs were on the way to check out the microwave.  When I got back to the coach I told Mark about he problems we have had before with electric on this side of the coach.  After about a half hour they had the power back on to the microwave.
Yesterday I bought a screen to hang down from the patio awning.  Today I considered how to get the top piece onto the awning tube.  The tube is 9'8" off the ground.  I went to the vendor and ask about getting the top part on, I was assured it was a simple job once I had a ladder.
I stopped on the way back to the coach and found four caches.
After getting back to the coach I borrowed a ladder from Mark, a neighbor.  After waiting out several rain showers, I got the screen out.  When I got it out of the box I found that the top part that goes into the tube only dropped down about a foot.  I needed one that dropped about 4 feet down for the lower part to zip onto.  I tried to call the vendor, no answer.  I'll keep trying.  I imagine I will have to get it straightened out after we get home.
We had supper, watched some TV and put in some computer time before calling it a night.

.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a typical rally experience. I do hope that all your issues get resolved. I am still here in FV and having a great time. See you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete