Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fun Valley, CO, Tuesday August 30, 2011

I got up at about 7:15 thinking today was all you can eat biscuits and gravy for breakfast.  I was wrong, that is tomorrow.  I finished up some computer time.
West from our site
South Fork of the Rio Grande, It runs through the Fun Valley Resort

After Gerri got up I drove around the park and took pictures, since this was our last full day at Fun Valley.
Lunch today was an all you can eat Taco Bar.  Gerri, Alan and I went.  Another great meal at Fun Valley.
South Fork of the Rio Grande
Cabins along the South Fork of theRio Grande 


Looking east behind the restaurant,

A Fun Valley pond
A fixer upper in the mountains
After lunch and before the afternoon rain, Alan and I headed out to the SW on Us-160 and turned into the hills.  We drove about 40 miles through the hills and ended up in Del Norte about 16 mikes east of South Fork.  We looked for a cache in Del Norte but it seemed to be missing.  We looked for another cache on the way back to South Fork, again no luck.
Once back in South Fork I checked for nearby caches on Gerri's phone.  It was a quick find near the town hall.
We got back to Fun Valley during one of the afternoon downpours. We visited with Alan for awhile before he had to go and take care of business.
We decided against going to supper, still full of Tacos.
I picked up our patio carpet, cleaned it up and put it away.  I even went up on the roof to sweep the water off the slide out awnings.  A little later I went to the office and settled up the bill for our stay at Fun Valley.  The bill as not just for our site rental but included meals and gift shop purchases.  All we have to do in the morning is unhook from utilities and hook up the Jeep before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment