Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monday August 1 and Tuesday August 2, 2011

Monday
We got to Spartan Motors yesterday afternoon.  Since I lost my computer and all the info on it, I wasn't sure if my service appointment was the same time as my appointment for the axle replacement.  I got up early enough to be at the office when it opened at 7am.  It turns out that the service will be done at the same time as the axle replacement.  We could have stayed in Shipshewanna another day.  I got the name and number of a hitch shop in Lansing.  When I called they said they might be able to check my wiring problem on Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning.
I worked on the wiring for several hours during the day.  I thought I tried every possible combination of the four wires in the seven prong terminal.  Guess not, I can get turn signals but not tail lights or brake lights.
We had supper at the coach, no left overs.  Gerri fixed all new food, very good.
I have been checking my e-mail via the internet connection built into Wii.  Some computer and TV time rounded out the day.

Tuesday
We were up really early for us, the tech came for the coach at 7 AM.  We spent some time in the customer lounge.  At about 10:30 we went for breakfat at the Eaton Cafe in down town Charlotte.  Gerri and I had a special, two eggs, corned beef hash and a biscuit with gravy.  Glenna order from a senior menu,  egg, hash browns and cinnimon toast.  The portions were huge, even on the senior menu.
Theyre Great!!
After breakfast we went to Battle Creek,MI.  You should recognize this name, it's where Kellogg cereal started and is still made.  We went to an informational exibit, to everyone but Gerri this means museum.  One of the things Gerri spotted there interested me.  They had a phamplet on local geocaches.  There is a series of caches in Battle Creek and two other nearby communities.  There is a special prize for completing  each series.

I only had my Geomate Jr. with me, there is no way to enter coordinates into the unit.  It is preloaded with 250,000 caches around the country.  None of the caches listed in the phamplet were in the unit.  I did find a cache downtown by the Battle Creek River.
Battle Creek River
Our next stop was Nashville,MI to visit the Mooville Dairy and Creamery.  We all had a cone of ice cream.  Between Nashville and Shipshewanna we have had more ice cream this week than we have had in the last six months. I did a cache in a nearby carpool parking lot. 
Mooville dairy farm
Mooville double scoop
We went back to the Spartan customer service lounge.  At about 3:30 John, the tech assigned to our coach  brought our coach out.  Part of the service was done and the front axle replaced.  Tomorrow they will adjust the job, align the front end and check everything out.  They will also weigh the coach and adjust the tire pressures according to Michelins charts.  John has also agreed to try to fix the wiring to the Jeep.


One more early day and then we can rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment