Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fun Valley, Sunday August 28, 2011

After some computer time I went to church in South Fork.
Before going back to Fun Valley I did a cache, got gas for the Jeep and picked up a couple of items at a local market.
Alan at Lobo Overlook
Wolf Creek Pass, from Lobo Overlook
A view coming back to Wolf Creek Pass From Lobo Overlook
Shortly after I got back our afternoon thunder storm started.  We had lunch at Fun Valley and then Alan and I went for a drive up to the Lobo Overlook.  The overlook is much higher than Fun Valley and it was cold.  The overlook give a good view of Wolf Creek Pass and the Wolf Creek Ski Area.  We drove down a ways toward Pagosa Springs before turning around.









Near Wolf Creek Pass the Continental Divide Trail crosses the highway.  I stopped for pictures before returning to the Park.
The Continental Divide Trail near Wolf Creek Pass.

When I was young and in my prime, I dreamed of hiking this trail all the time.   Now that my legs are old and weak, I take pictures when I get a peek.
If you walk the way this picture faces you would eventually get to Mexico.  Turn around and it's off to Canada.  The trail covers over 3200 miles from Mexico to Canada.
It rained off and on during the afternoon and we pretty much hung around the coach.  We didn't go out to supper because of the big lunch we had earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment