Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, September 25, 2009

Thursday Sept. 24, 2009 Clifton Park, NY


On the road, from a Wal-Mart in Clifton Park, NY. N43º50.883’ W073°44.949’.
We got under way at about 10:30 AM. It’s about 500 miles to our next destination, South Hero, Vermont. I have allowed for a night spent somewhere in between. I looking at possible route, I considered fastest v. shortest and toll roads v. non-toll roads. Looking at the difference in miles v. tolls, I reluctantly choose toll roads. I had SWAGed that fuel for non toll roads would cost about $30.00. The toll we paid was $25.40. I hate to pay tolls but this time it worked out. The drive was uneventful, well ok I did almost miss a turn and cut off a semi. Fortunatly he was on his toes and we didn’t meet.
Once north of Albany we opted to look for a Wal-Mart near the highway, both for some needed groceries and a place to park for the night. We found a Super Wal-Mart in Cliffton Park, NY and pulled in about 5:30 PM. The manager graciously consented to my request to park in a far corner of the lot. Later a fiver came in and parked behind us. We were far enough from the traffic pattern and loading docks that they were just low occasional sounds.
On to South Hero in the AM.
Todays Photo is one taken on the way back to Hershey from the QVC Studios. This is Amish country, the guy in the picture is riding some sort of sledge behind the team. I don't understand a lot I see farmers do, but it looked like he was just mashing down whatever had grown in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment