Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, September 30, 2016

Thursday September 29, 2016 Deming, NM

We only planned to drive to El Paso today, about 240 miles.  So, we didn't try for an early start.  Gerri walked around the park and took pictures of the art work.  Some of it was humorous.






Not very long after leaving Fort Stockton I was behind a semi passing a slower car.  The semi went back into the lane in front of the car we were passing.  I saw a huge "road gator" in my lane.  The car I was passing was on my right and there was no shoulder on the left.  I hit the thrown off tread.  I stopped at a rest stop and the only damage I could see was to the rear mud flap. When we stopped for fuel in El Paso, a helpful truck driver helped me tie the flap up with elastic ties so it didn't drag.

With the change to mountain time it was too early to stop.  We drove on to Deming, NM.  When I registered at the RV park more of the mud flap had torn off and was dragging again.

After Getting set up in our site, I cut the mud flap off.  I hoped to salvage the Chrome strip.  The mud flap wouldn't fit in the back of the jeep.  With some assistance of a neighbor I got the chrome part and it's backing off and fit it into the storage area, across the coach.  I had already removed the mud flap when I thought of taking pictures.  Only the top bar is left on the coach.



Gerri made a delicious dinner with sausages and fried tater tots and a great salad.  We watched TV and did computer stuff until bedtime.  It started raining just as we were going to bed.

Tomorrow, we plan to drive to a town south of Tucson.  I hope to find a cache in one of the 3 Arizona counties I haven't cached in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment