Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Friday September 30, 2016 Amado, AZ

After the rain early last night the wind blew until early morning.  We were ready to leave the RV park by 10.  But, the coach wasn't ready.  I had to cycle the leveling system 4 times before the jacks came completely up.

We went by Steins, NM without stopping
Finally, under way we traveled west on I-10 into Arizona.  Our goal for the day was a town south of Tucson named Amado.  We exited I-10 at AZ Hwy. 83.  We stopped at a wide place in the road and there was a cache nearby.  A couple of miles south on AZ-83 we turned left onto an unnumbered road.  Just before the turn it started raining heavily with low visibility.  There were dips along the road with warnings not to enter when flooded.


We encountered one questionable wash where a car had stalled.  We waited until the car was pushed out of the way and the water had subsided to a point the center line was visible before we crossed the dip.  There were a couple of other washes where we slowed for running water.  As it turned out we could have stayed on I-10 until taking I-19 south.  Amado was just a few miles south of where we intersected I-19.












Closed steakhouse
We were registered and set up by 3.  After relaxing for a while, I unhooked the Jeep and went to find a few cache.  Our purpose in coming here was for me to find a cache in Santa Cruz County, AZ.  I found six caches nearby.  Now I have only two counties to find caches in.









Gerri took some pictures of views from the park.
















We were still operating on central time.  After some TV we were in bed before 10.

Tomorrow we plan to drive to Globe.  Globe is in one of the two remaining counties of Arizona where I have not found a geocache.

No comments:

Post a Comment