Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Monday October 3, 2016 Las Vegas, NV

We didn't try for an early start on the last leg of our journey.  The start was delayed further by more problems with the leveling jacks.  I called Coach Net and waited two hours for them to call back.  I was waiting for a second call to tell me the ETA of a mobile service.  While waiting I tried several times and the jacks finally came all the way up.  I cancelled the call to Coach Net and we were on our way by 2 PM.  The worst part of the drive was after we got on I-215 in Las Vegas.  Bumper to bumper.

I filled the tank with diesel at the Sam's Club south of the house.  A woman was wiping down her entire car on one side of the island with diesel pumps.  I waited behind  a truck with a trailer on the other side.  Before I was able to pull forward a woman squeezed by and took the front pumps.  While I filled my tank, she washed her entire car using the windshield washing supplies before she put gas in her car.  I had never seen the like.  While fueling I disconnected the Jeep so Gerri could go on home.

I got to the house at about 6:30.  We only unloaded a few things before calling it a night.  Montyne fixed a delicious dinner, John was working.

Disregarding some of the things that broke along the way, we had a great trip.  We saw a lot of beautiful country, and visited with friends and relatives.  We traveled about 12,500 miles.  I found 236 caches, added two more Canadian provinces to my list of places cached and completed a goal of finding a cache in each of the counties in Arizona.

Now the hard part of the year, doctor's visits.


No comments:

Post a Comment