Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Wednesday August 17, 2016 Richibucto Village, NB, Canada

Crossing the Confederation Bridge
It was raining when we went to bed.  Since it was after midnight I decided to set an alarm for 8 instead of 7, hoping to get more rest.  I was also hoping the rain would stop, it didn't.  I got the utilities unhooked and the Jeep hooked up in the rain.  We had to put the large slide out twice before the debris awning rolled up properly.  Quite a bit of water came in.


We had our coffee on the road.  It was raining and foggy when we reached the Confederation Bridge.  We didn't stop at the visitor center at either end.  We didn't make any stops until we arrived at Camping Cap Lumiere near Richibucto Village, New Brunswick.

I unhooked the Jeep in the rain and parked in our site in the rain.  Our site was muddy near the drive in front of the coach so I walked around the back to get to the utilities,  Mistake, there were 2" puddles back there.  The site had been recently sodded, they will probably have to do it again.  I didn't bother with pads under the jacks unless the park requests it .  If they sink too far I will just raise them and let the coach rock.


Tonight is potluck.  Gerri started the Italian meat balls last night.  The aroma was making me pretty hungry by the time we arrived at the park and got set up.  Gerri served crackers, cheese, salami and apples to tide us over until supper.

We spent the rest of the afternoon watching the others arrive in varying rainfall.  The RV park advertises wifi but they must not have it turned on.  We will go over our monthly data plan this month.  While I caught up computer stuff Gerri managed a short nap, something this weather is very good for.  I put out the window awning so we could have some cool air coming in to counteract the electric heater going to dry my shoes.  I need to get some mud shoes like Gerri's only without the chickens.

The rain stopped by 5 PM.  The potluck dinner was held in the garage of the park owner's home.  As usual there was more than enough food,  I ate too much.  Lydia brought cookies and chocolate fondue.  I ate some of that too.


The park owner had a Karaoke set up and the singing started right after supper.








Moe and I went down to a nearby fishing pier and found a geocache.  The weather was clearing up and before it got dark we could see a windmill farm on Prince Edward Island.  I wasn't able to get a sunset picture.  I got a moon rise picture instead.













A small lighthouse across the road
at the park entrance
A few die-hard singers kept the Karaoke singing going until after dark.  There are no planned activities until supper tomorrow.  We will do what we do best in the morning, sleep in.  We need to find a grocery story for a few items.  We also want to go back a few miles the way we came for pictures of a striking odd farm house and barn.


No comments:

Post a Comment