Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Monday August 22, 2016 Perce, Quebec, Canada

The wind stopped sometime during the morning hours.  It was foggy when I got up, I could hardly see the units two rows across the park.  My plan of lounging around in my PJs went bad when I discovered the power was off and the batteries dead.  I had to get dressed and go out to flip the circuit breakers.  At least this time the power stayed on all day.

Roche Perce and Bonaventure Island
with the village of Perce in the foreground
Our RV park is on that little point of land
The rain started at about 10.  Gerri made meatball sandwiches for lunch.  Rain had let up some after lunch so I went to the village of Perce and gathered the info for an Earthcache and found one physical cache.  I then drove up a dirt road to the summit of Mont Ste-Anne.  The last couple of miles were posted 4x4 only.  The road wasn't that bad but I was in 4 wheel low to control my speed on the 16% downgrade coming back.  The view would have been spectacular except for the fog rolling by at the summit.  I did find a cache a short distance off the road at a trail part way up the hill.  I think I forgot to mention yesterday.  This area is the upper reaches of the Appalachian Mountains.


Roche Perce

A shrine on Mont Ste-Anne

Looking over the hood of the Jeep
at Roche Perce.








































By the time I got back to the RV park the rain had become very heavy.  We had the left overs from last night's beef stroganoff for supper.  There was a meeting at 7:30 to brief us on tomorrows travel.  We have about 235 miles to drive tomorrow.

Pat and Moe stopped by for awhile and we lent them some DVDs.  We are too far north for DirecTV and the only three local stations are in French.

No comments:

Post a Comment