Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Wednesday August 10, 2016 Little Bras d'Or, Nova Scotia, Canada

A total day off with no group activities.  Moe and I had made plans to go geocaching.  I made our coffee and caught up on computer chores.

Moe and I left the park at about 9:20.  We found the first one easily, Moe had been there before but didn't have a pen.  We spent quite a bit of time walking to and searching for another cache.  Turns out it had been archived since I downloaded my list.  We also spent quite a bit of time driving to the area of caches only to find they were along muddy trails.  We ended up with 4 finds and 3 DNFs for the morning.

Gerri took a walk around the RV park and got some great pictures.















Yesterday we had made plans to meet with some other members of the group at a restaurant in North Sydney.  We rode with Keith and Connie and met two other couples at the Lobster Pound.  Gerri and I had fish and chips and shared a bowl of chowder.  The chowder was great and the fish and chips so-so.  Over all it was a good restaurant, kind of a hole in the wall.

Keith and Connie Beers

Don and Becky Paulsen

"US"




































After we got back to the coach I decide to go back into North Sydney for some more caching.  Moe's car was gone so I went by myself.  I found 5 and DNFed one before giving up and returning to the park.  This brings my total of finds in Nova Scotia to 39.
Long Pond Watch Tower
site of a DNF


Back at the park several of us decide that we wanted ice cream.  We went to an ice cream store called Lick-a-Treat  It was across the street from a chicken restaurant called Lick-a Chick, owned by the same company.  They had very good ice cream.

Back at the coach I turned on the TV but I don't think either of us paid much attention,  we were in bed by 10.

Tomorrow we visit a local fort and a group dinner is planned,


No comments:

Post a Comment