Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Tuesday May 17, 2016 San Marcos, TX

Our day was a slow start.  We didn't do much in the morning besides have our coffee.  We have already been to Buck-ees and the rain is still coming and going.  The forecast is for thunderstorms beginning at 10 this evening.

The basement fridge has been acting up, freezing everything.  I turned it off and moved the frozen pop and water inside.  I'll see what it does when I start it back up.  Since we have had the larger residential fridge inside, I have considered a smaller one for outside.  I didn't plan on replacing it this trip though.  I probably won't replace it, looks like I need a new computer first.  This one seems to be getting worse.  It crashes frequently and when I turn it off it tries to install update.  When I turn it back on it either won't start or has to revert the update installation, which takes about 30 minutes.

Clean before the game
Yesterday at Camping World we bought a new "Next Exit" book.  Today I went though the cabinet where we keep camping books and travel related books.  I got rid of the outdated ones since most of that information is online anyway.  The stack of books I threw out must have weighed 50 pounds.  I also made some of the minor repairs using some of the items we bought at Camping World.  I also called Camping World about getting the coach into check out the dash air.  They had no appointments available until Friday afternoon.  Since we are leaving this area Monday I didn't make an appointment.  If need be we can run the roof air while traveling.  After a bad experience with Camping World's service department in Las Vegas and hearing other RVer's complaints about them, I'm not sorry I didn't go there.  I did call Spartan Motors and they can check out the problem when we are there for service in June.

We went to the kid's house for dinner.  Dana made tortilla soup with grilled chicken.  After the meal we all loaded into their van and went to the ball field for Brandon's game at 7:15.  The game didn't get started until 7:45.  In the first inning Brandon got the first two hitters out at first base and the third went down to a pop up fly to right field.  The first inning was almost as fast for Brandon's team.  Brandon was put out on a play at first base where I thought he made it safely.  He walked once and made a double base run. The rest of the game see-sawed back and forth with Brandon's team losing 9-7.  With the loss this was their last game of the tournament.

Back at the house we didn't stay long, tomorrow is another school day and it was nearly 9:30.

When we left the ballpark a little after 9 the lightening had started in the south.  By the time we got to the coach there was a lot of lightening and the wind had started,  The rain started at about 10:30.  I ran in the door awning to avoid wind damage.  We went to sleep to the sounds of rain and the wind flapping the over room awning.  By 2:30 the rain and wind had stopped, but the wind started up again by 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment