Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, May 20, 2016

Thursday May 19. 2016 San Marcos, TX

I first heard the rain at at 5 AM.  It rained heavily until the mid afternoon.  Of course we started our day with coffee and computer activities.  My computer is still giving me fits.  But, I have pretty much decided to hold off on a new one until we get home this fall and have one built without all the "Bloatware."

We loaded up some laundry to take to the house to wash there.  It is much faster in the larger capacity washer and dryer.  While Gerri did the wash, I went to Walmart and Lowe's to pick up a few items.  I picked up several bug bites somewhere and needed some thing for the itching.

By the time I got back Vanessa and Brandon were home from school and playing with their friends.  Vanessa's softball season closing had been postponed because of the wet field.  When Curtis got home, Dana and Gerri went to get manicures and pedicures.  When they were through the rest of us met them at  Firehouse Subs and we had sandwiches for dinner.  On the way home Dana stopped at a Dairy Queen and got everyone a treat.

Since it was a school night we didn't stay after eating our ice cream.  When we left there was a spectacular sunset, few different looking.  It was fading fast and before we were in a position to take a picture without a stop sign and wires, it faded completely to gray..

Back at the coach we watched some TV.  Earlier today I had tuned in the off the air channels so tonight we had a choice of local TV or satellite.    I haven't tried hooking to park cable since I had the system worked on after last year's trip.  We were up quite late reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment