Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, May 16, 2016

Sunday May 15, 2016 San Marcos, TX

We were up about 8 and I made our coffee.  It was such a pleasure to have Vanessa with us all night.

Most of the water from last night was gone.  At least there were no puddles where I had to work unhooking the utilities.  I had to clean the hoses and power cord as I put them away since they had been under water.  I noticed a high water mark on the tires, at one time we were sitting in 4" of water.  After unhooking I drove the coach to Curtis' and parked it along side the house.

We then went to the ball park where Brandon was finishing the game that had been rained out yesterday.  They started the game where it had been called and it didn't take long to finish.  Brandon's team won the game.

The next game was scheduled at 4:15. We all went to the house and Gerri and I took the coach to the new park on I-35 at the south end of San Marcos.  We checked in but no one was at the office.  I called and they gave me a choice of two sites and told me to come in on Monday to pay..  We got parked and set up.  Because of the trees we had no DirecTV reception.  The Verizon connection was very slow and we didn't have the information for the park wifi.  It sprinkled some while we were setting up and rained more a little later.


We went back to Curtis' at about 3 and then on to the ball park for the 4:15 game.  If you are wondering why so many games, it's a playoff tournament.  Brandon's team won the game 10 to 8.  We were all glad for the win, for two reasons.  One they won.  Two, if they had lost they would have had to play another game tonight.  By winning it put off their game until 6 tomorrow evening.

We stopped at Mod Pizza and picked up pizza and salad to go.  Since school is tomorrow we left shortly after eating.  It had rained more since we got to the house and then rained most of the evening.  We were glad to be out of Pecan Park.  It is a beautiful place but it has had flooding problems the last several years.  And, at the new place we had no puddle around our coach.

Tomorrow we just plan to relax and later go to the game at 6 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment