Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Friday May 6, 2016 Lake Havasu City, AZ

The wind was gusting all night.  We were up by 7:30 and I made our morning coffee.  We read and took care of computer chores while drinking our coffee.  I tried to update one of the programs I often use, no luck.  I also reinstalled a mapping program, Delorme Topo, North America.  I couldn't get the program to function the way I am used to.  Oh well, I found that the Good Sam trip planning program is pretty easy to use and shows RV Parks and other attractions near the route.  The problem is it requires an internet connection.

In the afternoon we went to Walmart and picked up some items for the trip.

I also did a few chores outside to get ready to travel in the morning.  I spotted a spot of something under the coach near the battery compartment.  Further checking showed oil of the house batteries had a split casing.  That will mean a change in plans.  I sent Keven Mallory an e-mail at Cruising America.  I hope we can make do and swing by Celina, Ohio before our service appointment in Charlotte, MI.

The wind continued all day.  The clouds would move around, first black in one direction and then the other.  Gerri did have a call from her mother.  Neva drove from Las Vegas to Flagstaff, AZ today with rain most of the way.  We had a few sprinkles.  Probably just enough to spot the windshield I cleaned.

Gerri cooked Brats for dinner, with a rice dish and green beans on the side.  Very good.

We read some and watched some recorded TV before going to bed at about 10:30.

Our plan for tomorrow is to drive to Flagstaff to visit with Neva there on Mother's Day.  It is a little over 200 miles except for the first 20 miles or so on AZ-95 it is Interstate Highway all the way to Flagstaff.


No comments:

Post a Comment