Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Tuesday September 23. 2014 Lahaina, Maui, HI


We were up and had our coffee while catching up on computer activity. Today was cleaning day so we had to be dressed before the maid got here sometime after 9.

I went caching about 11.  So far I haven't done well here on Maui.  I have found 7 and DNFed 4, two of them twice.  Today I only managed to find two. But the second one had not been found since July.  This video shows the view from the cache.  Well worth the .1 mile walk to get there.


Back at Papakea, Gerri and I walked out and sat on a bench by the sea while the sun went down. So far we have had beautiful sunsets.  Tonight the trade-winds were blowing and the forecast is for cooler temperatures.

We plan to go to Molokai tomorrow and the ferry leaves Lahaina at 7.  We have arraigned for a rental car and I plan to do a few caches there.  After returning from the beach I downloaded some caches to the saved lists on my iPhone,  Who knows what cell service will be like on Molokai.

We finished the quiche with some salad for dinner and went to bed at about 9 with very little reading or TV time









Sunset day 8















No comments:

Post a Comment