Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Friday September 26, 2014 Lahaina, Maui, HI



The view from our unit
It had rained a little more during the night. After we had our coffee and read for awhile, Gerri went out to sit near the ocean.  I went to see if I could find some geocaches.










Larger than normal surf


The caches I looked for were along the hotel that are south of us along Kaanapali Beach.  I found two out of three and didn't find a place to park for the fourth one.  As usual I spent more time trying to find the right roads to get near the caches than I did hunting them.  It rained heavily but intermittently so I didn't want to walk very far.








It was time for sunset when I got back to the Papakea Resort.  But it looked like there might not be much to see because of the cloud banks.
We walked out to see and were pleasantly surprised by a great show as the sun set. There was a fine mist of rain.








Back in out unit we read and watched TV. They have a channel here, "Me TV," which shows old TV shows.  We watched two episodes of Mayberry RFD.  We had salad and the left over pork and rice from Gerri's meal on Molokai, followed by pineapple wedges for dessert.

More reading and we were in bed by 11.

Gerri tried her first video on her new iPad.  It was a view of the sunset and came out well.















No comments:

Post a Comment