Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Monday September 29, 2014 Lahaina, Maui, HI

We started Monday pretty much like every other day here.  Except, I had to get up and close the windows. They are doing construction on the three buildings behind ours and this morning they started a diesel powered lift.  It didn't start easily and they left it running while the idle smoothed out.  That filled our rooms with fumes.
In the late morning Gerri went and sat in the sun and read.  I stayed in the unit and read.  I have only one more Inspector Rostnikov novel to finish before moving on to the 87th Precinct.

Later in the afternoon I went out geocaching. Another cacher had given me a hint on one that I had looked for several times.  I found it and 4 others.

The sun was going down before I headed back toward the resort.  There was a low cloud bank that blocked the sun before it disappeared  below the horizon.  As I drove I noticed a brightly lit red column of clouds. Before I found a safe place to pull over the scene had changed to a tall bank of gray clouds with red tinged edges,

Back at Papakea we had salad with tuna for dinner.  After that it was TV, computer and reading until bedtime.  I stayed up too late reading, I get absorbed and can't always stop until I finish a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment