Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Saturday September 20, 2014 Lahaina, Maui, HI

There is some beach at low tide
Our morning was our normal routine, coffee, computer and looking out the glass door at the birds and trees.


North from our resort

I called Long Drugs and had a prescription I needed transferred from CVS in Las Vegas to a local Long's.  CVS and Long's are the same company.

In the early afternoon I drove to a Safeway store for some groceries.  On the way I stopped and found a cache.  After shopping I tried to see if there was a cache near Safeway.  The app that I had been using on my iPhone stopped working properly.

For our time here we rented a Budget rental car The car is a Volkswagon Passat sedan.  The last VW I drove was a 1967 VW Baja Bug.  In any event I haven't driven small sedans for may years.  Budget may call this a full size car, but I know a compact car when I see one.  There are several things I'm not use to; getting up out of a car, power steering that is so easy that no effort is needed and the sudden brakes.  I think I may take it back and ask for a larger car, preferably an American car.

In the afternoon we lathered up with sunscreen and went to sit by the ocean.  Gerri in the sun, me in the shade.  We read most of the time when not just relaxing and just watching and listening to the waves.  There were rain clouds hanging over Lanai and moving north toward the setting sun.  The sunset was golden with tinges around the edges of the rain clouds.  Our sunset pictures are much the same as ones from Thursday night.  I noticed that there were different different sail boats tonight.  With their timing in the evenings we are assuming they are dinner cruises sailing out of Lahaina harbor.

After the sunset had faded we went inside.  We resumed our reading and later had a chicken salad for dinner.  Gerri was in bed by 10 and I stayed up until I finished the novel I was reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment