Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, September 22, 2014

Sunday September 21, 2014 Lahaina, Maui, HI

This morning I woke up before 6:30 to the raucous calling of birds back and forth.  We never saw the birds.  I certainly hope they are beautiful, because the sound they make surely isn't.

View north of Kahana
We got up early enough to tune in to the morning worship net-cast from Oakey Blvd.   Of course I had made the morning coffee and we drank it during the net-cast.  Mark West delivered the message and it was along the lines of our Wednesday bible study, evolution vs. creation.

In the late morning Gerri went out into the sun and I went to Long's to get my prescription. While out I also tried to find some geocaches. I found two and didn't find another two.  I also went to the Valley Isle Resort and picked up two more beach towels.



View of Moloka'i


A close up of the one of the birds that hop around














Our view during dinner
After getting cleaned up we drove into Old Town Lahaina.  We had cheeseburgers and onion rings at the Cheeseburger in Paradise Restaurant.  The onion rings were excellent.  The cheeseburgers weren't as good as we were remembered.  I think time and the group we were here with last made them better in our memory.    http://cheeseburgerland.com/cheeseburgerland/Lahaina.html

After eating Gerri took me to two caches.  I found one, the other eluded me.


Another day is done
 Back at the resort I sat out during the sunset.  After some TV, reading and computer time Gerri called it a night at 10.  I was up a little later reading.

My evening prayers again thanked God for this beautiful place and our ability to enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment