Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lake Havasu City, Arizona 01/01/2012

1/1/2012 Lake Havasu City, AZ. N34°33.125’ W114°30.886


2011 has come and gone. All in all it was a very good year. We were able to travel and we made some good friends. Gerri is still in good health and my health has stayed about the same.

We are in Lake Havasu City, Arizona visiting with a couple we met in Texas in July.

We celebrated New Years Eve with dinner and dancing in the RV Park’s clubhouse.

This morning we started with some computer time and coffee. At 10AM, Las Vegas time, we tuned into the net cast of the worship service from Oakey Blvd. we were worried about the slowness of the internet service here, but the only problem was that the sound went off a couple of times.

After church I went out to bag my first cache of the year. I drove about a mile off the pavement toward the lake using the Street Pilot in the Jeep. When I got down to feet to go I started my hand held GPS but the battery was dead and my spare was dead too. By the tme I drove back to the Lowe’s store and bought some it was getting late, we had dinner plans with Alice and Keith at 4PM. I had failed to find the closest cache to the ark twice so I decided that I would give it another shot on the way home. Since it was a new day and a new year, I decided I would find it even if I had to look under every rock. Fortunately I found it easily. I don’t know how I missed it on the last two searches.

Our dinner plans were to have supper with Alice and Keith. Gerri made her world renowned black eyed peas. Alice fixed salad, popped potatoes and a prime rib roast. What a great meal. After eating Keith was intent on watching a football game with no talking allowed so we went home at about 7PM.

We got to sit with the big people

No comments:

Post a Comment