Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, January 2, 2012

Lake Havasu City, Arizona 1/2/2012

Lake Havasu City, Arizona 1/2/212


Lake Havasu City, AZ. N34°33.125’ W114°30.886

We were hoping to spend two weeks at San Clemente State Beach in July. The reservation system, Reserve America, wouldn’t allow reservations for July of 2012 until 8AM PST this morning. Gerri briefed me on using the Reserve America system. We set alarms for 7:50AM PST. Since we are in Arizona that means we planned to get up at 6AM MST. Gerri miscalculated and the alarm went off at 5AM MST. Of course we couldn’t get back to sleep. At Exactly 8AM PST we tried to make our reservations. We couldn’t get them, all the spaces were taken. We suspect that there is something we don’t know about making these reservations or other people know how to scam the system. Our plans for the summer have been to spend most of the summer in the Southern California. Since we couldn’t get into San Clemente we extended our stay at Paradise by the Sea in Oceanside another week. We will be there from July 1 through July 15. As an alternate we decided to try for some time at Soledad Canyon and found out we have to wait for closer to the dates we want to stay. We may go there for 2 or 3 weeks and then on to Fun Valley in South Fork, CO.

My next order of business was to visit a local optometrist to see if I can get my glasses fixed, either new frames or at least a new bow so I can keep them on. The shop I went to put a new bow on and didn’t charge me.

I did four caches while in the downtown area. I went shopping and then went home to complete cleaning chores before Keith and Alice came to dinner at 5PM. We visited before dinner. Gerri had fixed tacos with all the trimmings.

What a great meal and the company was very enjoyable.

After supper and more visiting I did some more checking for space at the San Clemente State Beach for the end of June. No luck there. I plan to keep checking.
Keith and Alice Kerslake

No comments:

Post a Comment