Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, January 2, 2012

Lake Havasu City, Arizona 12/28/2011

Lake Havasu City, AZ. N34°33.125’ W114°30.886
Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I didn’t bring the coach to the house until late Monday evening, another reminder that I don’t like to drive the coach after dark. That put us behind schedule getting things loaded and ready to travel.

On Tuesday I had to air up all the tires. Although my electric compressor claims to have enough pressure to air up the tires, it is nearly useless. I had to get out the Powertank to bring them up to the correct pressure with Co2.

The coach has set since September and was very dirty. While Gerri went to the store I decided to start a cleanup with the Solution. I only planned to do the front and back caps. That went well so I decided to do the areas I could reach from the ground. Surprisingly that went pretty quickly. The cooler weather makes the job quicker. I still had some daylight so I got out the long mop poles and pads and finished the upper parts too. It looked like a pretty good job, I only missed some corners and curves at the roof line.

We were up early on Wednesday doing the final loading and were ready to travel by noon. Our destination was only about 150 miles, so it was a leisurely drive. Our route was I-215 to US-95 to I-40 to Arizona 95 and then on to Lake Havasu City. We arrived at about 4PM MST, which is an hour ahead of Las Vegas time. The Havasu RV Resort is park where the sites are owned by individuals and the developer and rented out by both to daily, weekly, or monthly basis. The amenities at the park are very nice with two clubhouses and pools. The sites vary in size and amenities. Some have extensive landscaping and many include elaborate Casitas.

We were originally assigned to site 198. We parked and Gerri called Alice who called the office and got us moved to site 177. Our main reason for coming to Lake Havasu was to visit with Alice and Keith Kerslake, who we met last year in Lake Texoma, Texas.

After we moved to site 177, across a wash from the Kerslakes, we had a warm reunion followed by a spaghetti dinner that Alice had prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment