Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, January 2, 2012

Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Lake Havasu City, AZ.  N34°33.125’ W114°30.886
Saturday, December 31, 2011


One of the first things I did today was break one of the bows off my glasses. I had been having trouble keeping them on for awhile, now they are just perched on my nose and one ear. When outside I can use my sunglasses. They are too dark for inside and are two prescriptions old. My first stop was at Walmart to see if the lenses could be put in another frame. They didn’t have any that fit and weren’t equipped to grind the lenses to fit. I originally bought these glasses at Sam’s, but the closest Sam’s Club is in Bullhead City. I also stopped at Penny’s, no luck there either. They gave me the name of an optometrist downtown. I went there only to find the street closed for a New Year Party and the shop was closed anyway.

I did some caches in the downtown area. I had to work around the street closure and fenced off areas. Between downtown and back to the park I managed to find eleven, There were some I couldn’t get to Downtown and a couple of others I didn’t find.

Our evening activity was a dinner and party at the clubhouse. We weren’t seated at the same table as Alice and Keith so we met some new people. The dinner was just ok, the entertainment was good and the company interesting. We managed to stay up to ring in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment