Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lake Havasu City, Arizona 1/3/2012

Lake Havasu City, AZ. N34°33.125’ W114°30.886


I started the day with trying a couple of handyman projects. Replacing the countertop light under the microwave and replacing a screw holding the window shade valence by the Lake Havasu City, Arizona 1/3/212

dinette. I couldn’t find the old bulb. I Googled GE Profile Convection Oven and saw that Lowe’s sell them, no info on the bulb. Lowe’s is only a couple pf blocks away so I went there to check on the bulb. The bulb doesn’t screw in, it goes into a socket with pins on the bulb. At Lowe’s I found out they carry about a dozen different Halogen bulbs with different bases and different power, both volts and watts. A trip back to the coach and trying to read the label on the bottom of the oven upside down and backwards, revealed that the required bulb is 50 watts and 130 volts. Back to Lowe’s. They had two different base styles in 50 watt and 130 volts. I bought both, neither worked.

To get the screw in the wall to hold the valence in place required an offset screwdriver which I didn’t have. On one of the trips to Lowe’s I bought the screwdriver. When I got back to the coach and tried to put the screw in, I couldn’t get enough pressure on it to start the screw. Thus ended my handyman efforts for the day.

I check Facebook and found a comment on one of my blogs from Roger Galloway. Roger and I went were classmates at Charleston High School. Rogers now lives in Lake Havasu City. I contacted him and we are meeting for lunch on Thursday.

After my failed handyman projects I decided to go caching. I headed west into the hills for one that had been recommended by an owner here in the park. A rough Jeep ride and a tough but short walk to a cave and the cache was in my hands. I found six more during the afternoon.

A supper of taco leftovers followed by TV and computer time rounded out the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment