Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, July 11, 2016

Sunday July 10, 2016 Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Canada

True to our plan we slept in until 9.  One time when I got up during the night I turned the heater down to 60.  We had our coffee and didn't stir outside until 12:30.  We drove to the downtown area of Baddeck.  A lot of it was closed because of it being Sunday.












This bridge was more interesting
than the one with the cache
Our next stop was a cache named Winter 6- Bridges of Big Baddeck.  I was hoping for a covered bridge, but it wasn't.  The cache itself was in need of repair.  I left a pill bottle and a new log that fit in the old container.








We then drove up the Cabot Trail to a village called Chiticamp.  The drive was scenic, some along a river, some along the coast.  I had to refresh my history on the explorer John Cabot.  He was an Italian Giovanni Caboto who sailed from Bristol, England for King Henry VII in 1497.  He is credited with making the claim for much of North America for England.


Along the Cabot Trail



We have seen many of these, no real ones

Along the drive





































We returned to the RV park the wagon masters had fixed chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.  That warmed us up on a foggy and dripping evening.  After visiting with others and exchanging accounts of our day we returned to our coach.

Gerri went to bed after watching a little TV and fell to sleep reading.  I watched a little TV before I realized I still had time to worship with the congregation at Oakey Boulevard.  Unfortunately the signal faded so often that the sermon was disjointed.  It was good to hear the prayers and songs from home and see the faces of some of the congregation.  The net cast failed completely just before communion.  I completed the Lord's Supper with my own thoughts and prayers.

It had rained steadily most of the evening and was still raining when I went to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment