Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Monday July 18, 2016 Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada

We had breakfast prepared by the wagon masters.  They made omelets in zip-lock bags.  All the ingredients are put in a zip-lock and then into boiling water for 10 minutes.  They also served fried potatoes.

View of the Humber Arm and Corner Brook
from a geocache site
After breakfast Moe and I walked 529' to the nearest cache.  It was in the park, so were the next two we found.  We went a short distance out of the park for two others.









Gerri took it easy during the afternoon and I went out with three missions, find some more caches, visit an ATM, and buy some cheap rags.  I was successful in two of three.  I didn't find the Bag o Rags.   I found the ATM and three caches.  I DNFed one cache.

I visited a small railroad museum  They had an engine, several freight and passenger gars, a snowplow and caboose.











All were narrow gauge and had been in operation until the early 1960's. I found a cache at the end of the tracks.  Inside a building they had an elaborate model train display.



Trains use to run through here
























Before the sun
Shortly after I got back to the RV park the sun came out.  There was an impromptu gathering for dinner and conversation around a fire pit.  We gave up for the evening at about 9 PM.  Others were still out when we closed up the coach for the night.



Part of our group













Tomorrow we travel to St. Barbe. About 350 kilometers.  At that location we only have electric service so I plan to dump the holding tanks and fill the water tank.  While in St. Barbe we will take a ferry to Labrador for the the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment