Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Wednesday May 13, 2015 Flagstaff, Arizona

We enjoyed a leisurely morning, we had our coffee, read and caught up on computer chores.

Snow capped San Francisco Peaks from a cache
At 11:30 I went out caching.  I'm looking for my 100th cache on this trip and my 4800th cache.  I drove east of Flagstaff and started back toward town doing caches near the road. I found 8 caches, bringing my total for this trip to 106.  The trip started on April 4 and will end back in Las Vegas on Friday May 15.  These finds ranged from Long Beach, California to Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico to Columbus, Mississippi and back to Las Vegas.



BFSF hides the mountains




After finishing my caching I drove around Flagstaff trying to find a car wash.  We had driven through a lot of rain on the way here from Texas and collected a lot of bugs.  To top it off theWyndam's sprinkler system watered the car the first night here.  I finally ended up at Sam's Club drive through that got the water spots and most of the bugs off.  Back at the Wyndam I parked in an area away from the grass.  All of this might have been futile since rain is forecast for tonight.

For supper we had the leftover soup and cornbread.  Neva had added deviled eggs and a pineapple cottage cheese with bacon salad to the meal.  It was a good meal.

We played our nightly domino game.  The score for the week had been two games each.  I pulled ahead tonight by a game.

We went to bed at about 10. I read for a while before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment