Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, May 15, 2015

Thursday May 14, 2015 Flagstaff, Arizona

We lingered over our coffee and caught up on computer stuff and read until lunchtime.  We had sandwiches for lunch, and finished the deviled eggs and cantaloupe.

Just a forest scene
After lunch I headed out to find some caches.  I drove north on US-89 to the Sunset Crater turnoff and did caches coming back toward town.  I found eight, including one earth cache and picked up another travel bug.  I now have five travel bugs to either drop off in Las Vegas or take on our trip at the end of June.  Flagstaff has been good caching, I found 36 caches.

Elden Pueblo circa 1100 AD















I got back to the Wyndham in time to get cleaned up for dinner.  Neva had prepared a roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions.  We also had green salad and baked sweet potatoes.


Shuffle dem bones, using my new geocaching TOTT


After dinner we played our final domino game. Neva won the game.  That brought her and me to a tie of three games each.  To determine a winner for the week we played one more hand. Neva knocked me into the dirt and became the weeks champion.

We got a few things ready to go in the morning.  After we get things into the cars we have to stop and top off the fuel tanks before leaving town.  We are looking at about a five hour drive if the weather doesn't interfere.



A hummer scouting out supper
We went to bed at about 10 and read for a while before turning off the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment