Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

This morning cousin Denise Barnhart is driving up from Sedona for a visit and lunch.  She was due to arrive anytime after 10:30.  We had our coffee and caught up on computer stuff.  Of course a few pieces were added to the puzzle.

Denise arrived as scheduled.  We visited for awhile while the ladies put in more pieces of the puzzle. I enjoy talking to Denise, she is an avid camper and hiker.  We have hiked many of the same areas. Unfortunately my serious hiking and backpacking days are behind me.  She has traveled widely both in the USA and abroad. She is an interesting person.

Me, Gerri Neva and Denise at La Fonda
We had lunch at the La Fonda Mexican Restaurant, an older restaurant in downtown Flagstaff that we have all enjoyed in the past. The restaurant was very busy and it seems like they have crowded in more tables.  As usual the food was very good.  After lunch, Denise had some shopping to do before heading back to Sedona.  We said our goodbyes in front of the restaurant.  Denise headed out to do her shopping and we headed back to the Wyndham.





Scene by Thomas Kinkade
Gerri and Neva returned to the puzzle and I went out to find some geocaches.  They finished the puzzle and I found thirteen caches. I am two short of finding my goal of one hundred for this trip.  I have two more days here, six more finds will put me at a total of 4700.

Assembled by Gerri and Neva

Like I said the puzzle was finished by the time I got back from caching.  Neva was preparing supper.  She made a delicious soup and cornbread.  Gerri and I finished the leftover coleslaw in addition to the soup and cornbread. I am at a loss for words to describe how good Neva's soup and cornbread was.

We played our nightly dominoe game. Without the puzzle distraction I won this game.  This makes a score of two games won by each of us so far this week.

We retired at 10:30.  I read until I couldn't keep my eyes open, about midnight.







No comments:

Post a Comment