Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wednesday October 8, 2014 Lahaina, Maui, HI

Today was a rest up day after our trip to Lanai. We lingered over our coffee and even made a second pot.  We had not stayed up for the eclipse, but Neva got a picture of the full moon.
We mostly read and kept up with computer stuff most of the morning.

Today in addition to the on going renovation noise there are two other construction projects going on.  There is a backhoe digging a large hole by the sea wall.  Apparently the sea wall is near being breached and repairs are necessary. The other project was probably the noisiest. There is some problem with the spa and a concrete saw was running near the spa all day.

Birds are every where
After lunch I went to Walgreen's to pick up some prescriptions.  Neva and Gerri tried to spend some time out on the resort property.  I say tried because there were a couple of rain showers.  While I was out I tried to find a cache that had been reactivated since I failed to find it earlier in our stay here.  I didn't find it this time either.  I also started looking for another cache I had DNFed before, but it started raining and I gave up.

Back at the Papakea we played dominoes on our patio until time to go see the sunset.  The sunset was one of the best we have seen.  When we returned to our game to finish the last two hands it was dark. We played by light from my iPad. Neva was the winner by a large margin.

We had a salad with tuna for dinner.  We watched some TV and read until calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment