Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Wednesday October 1, 2014 Lahaina, Maui, HI

This crab almost actual size
We got up about 8:30. Since there are 3 of us now, I made a full 12 cup pot of coffee.  We lingered over the coffee, reading and talking. The morning passed quickly.

I made lunch of Pastrami sandwiches.

In the mid afternoon Gerri and Neva went out by by the ocean and I went geocaching.
Cruise ship at Lahaina



Looking west from Dislocation point above Launuipaka Beash
I found the first one after wandering around a mesquite thicket about 1500' from the car.  The next closest was to the west across the highway and up toward the mountains.  I got within 300' on a cul d'sac but there were keep out signs and ones that said no parking on the street or grass.  I drove around and found a paved trail off the road. My iPhone showed the cache .2 miles in the direction the trail went and there was a small park but the no parking signs were present.  I passed on going for that and another nearby cache.  The next cache I looked for was a steep climb up a hill and I didn't find it.  The first picture is of a crab that I thought was watching me hunt.  But he was quite dead and desiccated.  The next is looking pack toward Lahaina from the area of the cache I found.  The third is looking west from the area atop the hill where I didn't find the cache.








Maui birds

Gerri and Neva had relaxed and enjoyed the sun and ocean.  They saw many of these small red headed birds around the lawn.

When I got back to the resort we all went out to enjoy the sunset.  There was a small crowd lined up along the sea wall for the same reason.

After dark we returned to our unit.  Gerri prepared a Broccoli Quiche with a salad for dinner.  Everyone went to bed at a reasonable time .  Except me I read until 12:30.
 Day is done, Gone the sun









No comments:

Post a Comment