Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, October 3, 2014

Thursday October 2, 2014 Lahaina, Maui, HI

Looking north from the Napili area
We were all up by 8:30 and I had the coffee made.

The morning was spent around the unit. Mostly reading.  We fixed a lunch.  A Pastrami sandwich for Neva and Braunschweiger sandwiches for Gerri and me.






A tree tunnel to the beach




In the afternoon Gerri and Neva went out to sit in the sun.  I went caching.

My caching took me north and started with a cache I hadn't found after looking twice.  Someone found it yesterday so I was determined to find it.  I did find it after considerable searching.  It was about 40' feet from the coordinates given. The next cache was another that I had looked for briefly.  This time I looked a lot longer and still didn't find it.  The next two I walked right to them and took longer to sign the logs than I did to find the caches.




Wind in the palms
On the way back I stopped at a nearby grocery store for ice and a few other items.

I got back to our unit at about the same time as the ladies came in from the beach

Gerri started dinner at about 5:30, well started the oven heating.  Tonight we were having a green salad and Lasagna.  We bought the Lasagna already prepared from Costco.  We were going to have it last night but the cooking instructions called for covering it with foil while cooking.  We didn't have any foil.  I went to the concierge's desk and ask if she had some foil.  She got me a sheet from the employees break room.  That saved us from buying a box that we would have to leave here minus one sheet.


We went out for the sunset as usual.    After the sunset we saw a small radio controlled aircraft flying along the beach. Someone said it was a drone with a video camera.  I talked with a retired fireman from the Seattle area until it got dark. The R/C airplane was still flying along the beach.

The lasagna supper was very good.  After dinner we relaxed some more (can't get enough of that.)

We read, watched t.v. and visited until calling it a night at about 10.

The Tiki torches are lit every night
Tomorrow we plan to drive to the Haleakala Volcano National Park and see the sights,












Spy in the sky



No comments:

Post a Comment