Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Friday January 2, 2015 Corpus Christi, TX

We were up at 8.  Gloria had coffee ready.  During the night I had developed a sore throat and felt a cold coming on.  I dug out my antibiotics and started taking them.

Curtis went for a blood test in the late morning.  After he returned, Curtis tried to find some old movies that I was in.  He had had them transferred to VHS tape.  He did find a segment of movies made in the 50's in West Virginia.  I was wearing a leather aviator's helmet.  He never found the segment he was looking for with me wearing a pair of fancy cowboy boots we bought in Mexico one of the summers I visited them.

For lunch we went to a fish restaurant on Padre Island., Snoopys.  After lunch we drove up to Port Aransas and crossed back to the mainland via the ferry.  We drove through Corpus and were back at the house by about 4. http://www.snoopyspier.com/










We visited until dinner time.  We had dinner at a nearby Mexican restaurant, La Playa.  http://www.laplaya.cc/

We were in bed by 11 and plan to leave early in the morning.  The drive to Van Horn is about 585 miles with storms reported.  We set the alarm for 5 and plan to leave Corpus at 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment