Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Saturday January 24, 2015 At Sea



After breakfast and coffee in our room, we went down to deck 5 and picked up our Sudoku puzzles.  Today’s puzzle was rated medium.  We both finished the puzzle.  Of course Gerri finished before I finished.

We did the puzzles while listening to two sets by a classical guitarist, Cesar Paucar.  I also played solo Word’s With Friends.  The computer beat me.








Cruise Director David Cole
We waited in the piazza for the live filming of tomorrows Wake Show.  This is the only day the show was filmed with an audience.  The two newer larger ships both are equipped with broadcast studios.  During our Mediterranean cruise on the Royal princess the live filming was an everyday event.

British Invasion

Princess singers and dancers











Our next activity was afternoon trivia in the Explorer Lounge.  We were invited by three others to team up with them.  One of the ladies was from British Columbia and the other couple were retired school teachers who had taught in Las Vegas in the early 70s.  Our team scored 23 of 25 questions, mostly answered by the rest of the team.  The winning team got 24 correct.

Ye Olde Pub Night

After trivia we waited in the Explorer’s Lounge until the Pub Night show started.  While waiting Gerri read and I got beat by the computer at another game of Words With Friends.  We were joined by Sharon Faff and her sister-in law.  Sharon is a member of the staff that lectures on most days at sea.  I have attended several of her lectures and we had dinner with them one night since leaving Hawaii.  The show featured a few of the Princess Dancers, the Princess band and several  members of the Cruise Directors staff.

Cruise director's staff Chris and John
We went to dinner with Dr. Faff and her sister-in law.  We sat at a table for six, but no one else joined us.  It was Italian night.  Gerri and I both had the Veal Scaloppini.  Gerri had Tiramisu for dessert and I had a lemon sorbet.

After dinner we went to the Princess theater to see a ventriloquist show,
 Don Bryan with Mr. Noseworthy.  We were early for the show.  Gerri read and I finished a game of Words With Friends on my iPhone.  The iPhone only beat me by 47 points.

Back at our room I set the time forward on both my iPad and iPhone, something I learned how to do on this trip.  Gerri did the same with her Android phone.  This was probably the latest Gerri stayed awake,  It was after 1 when she went to sleep.  I had started reading another 87th Precinct novel and stayed up until 2 reading.


One more full day at sea behind us and one more to go before reaching Ensenada, MX for a short visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment