Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, July 13, 2012

Thursday, July 12, 2012, Oceanside, CA

Rain was forecast for today. Our only plans were to meet Tim and Beth at the Wyndham and go to lunch at Ruby's on the pier. It did start sprinkling as we left the park. The drops were far apart.

Tim got us a guest pass for parking in the Wyndham's garage. Their timeshare unit was on the 5th floor and even though it was billed as a partial ocean view, it looked out over the beach and the pier was in sight. We met their daughter Melanie and her daughter Mya. After visiting for awhile we decided to pass on walking out on the pier to Ruby's. By now the raindrops were closer together but still not a drizzle. We decided on the Breakwater Brewery which was close by. They served a variety of sandwiches and pizzas. Gerri had a Cuban Panini and I had a toasted meatball sandwich. All very good, typically the meatball sandwich was very messy. Mya is about six and I was impressed with how well she behaved, being stuck at lunch with five adults for lunch. Like most kids she was stuck by the wheelchair and wanted to help Gerri get around.

Gerri's foot is still swelling after a few hours hanging down, so we went back to the coach after lunch. By now the rain had worked its way up to a fine misty drizzle. I chatted with our neighbor in space two for awhile and then decided to try for a cache on the Oceanside Pier. I still had the guest pass for parking at the Wyndham, but decided to try to get closer to the pier even if it meant putting money in a meter. I found a pay lot on North Strand and was pleasantly surprised that with the handicapped tag I could park for free. I parked by a ramp that goes up the pier. The cache wasn't all the way to the end of the pier. I looked around for it until I got too cold and damp and gave up.

I hunted and found three other caches and by then it was getting pretty late so I headed back. Gerri wasn't hungry after the big lunch. I heated up the leftovers from our dinner at Sonny's and finished off the evening watching a few old Gunsmoke episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment