Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, July 9, 2012

Sunday, July 8, 2012, Oceanside, CA

Last night when we came home we could see stars in the sky, this morning we are back to the grey skies. The sun did come out a little before noon. Todd and Jeannette and the kids came over at about the same time the sun came out. They ate some and we headed out on bikes for the San Lois Rey River Trail for a bike ride and geocaching. A search showed caches about every 1/10 mile along the trail. My fist indication that something was wrong with my cache down load was when I couldn't find the first cache along the trail on my GPSR. The GPSR showed the first cache about a mile and a half up the trail. We went there and it turned out that one was on the other side of the river. Heading east the next cache was over a mile away. For some reason the caches in between were filtered out of my query. As it worked out it was just as well. Two of the caches we found were about 40' feet down a cemented rock embankment that my ankles and knee wouldn't have stood for. It would have been unsafe for me to go there. I do intend to find out why the caches in between weren't downloaded. We rode about five miles up the trail and found four caches. Emma and Wyatt were excited about the finds. We stopped twice going out for snacks and twice on the way back. We got back to the RV Park at about 4:30, a round trip of 14 miles. The kids had two sandwiches each and Todd and Jeannette ate also. They left for home at about 5:30.

I think our visit with the boys and their families was a success, too bad Curtis and Dana couldn't have stayed all week. Of course after Bill and Elaine came we also had good visits with them. Next year is a question mark for the use of the timeshares. Curt and Dana are moving to Austin, TX so it won't be the sons. We will wait and see.

This week we will visit with cousins Bill and Arlene and our friends Tim and Beth from Arizona. Tim and Beth are staying at the Wyndham by the pier in Oceanside.

We have new neighbors on our west side; he is a fireman from Las Vegas. I also talked to the couple on our east side, turns out he is policeman from Denver, and they are headed to the Oasis RV Park in Las Vegas before heading home.

I fixed chicken salad using the leftovers chicken from our last supper with Bill and Elaine and used some red onions and red cabbage that I brought from home. I made sandwiches and found out our toaster is on the small side for the bread we brought. Any meals in the coach will now depend on shopping at least for side or salads. We do have a variety of sausage and a frozen pot roast. I guess we could fix a breakfast for supper using pancakes, eggs and some of the sausages. We will see.

Gerri watched America Has Talent and did her computer work while I watched recorded TV shows and caught up on my computer games.

That ended another great day at Paradise by the Sea.


 


 


 


 


 

Las Veg for few days an

Gerri had a lazy PJ day and rested her foot. I made chicken salad from the leftovers from or last meal with Bill and Elaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment