Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, July 16, 2012

Saturday, July 14, 2012, Oceanside, CA

The morning of our last full day here started like every morning of the last two weeks in Oceanside. May Gray and June Gloom extended into mid July. I was up, fixed coffee, caught up my e-mal and words with friends games, and washed dishes before Gerri stirred.

After finishing my coffee I decided to load up my bike on the Jeep and head out to the SLRRT to see if I could pick up some easy caches. I drove to the start of the trail at Neptune and Cleveland and was at my first cache at 12:45. I met another cacher and did caches with him up to about the 3 mile mark. Because of him I bagged a couple that I wouldn't have tried. The north slope of the trail is cemented over rocks that my knees and ankles don't work well on. The other cacher is a marine stationed here, he is originally from Kentucky. Not quite a fellow hillbilly but close.

I went to the 4 mile marker before turning around at 3:50. I passed some that were down the rocky slope. I did a couple that were off the trail. On the last cache I was so tired my heart wasn't in it. I got back to the Jeep at 5 PM. I found a total of 16 and didn't hunt 4 because of the rocky slope.

No comments:

Post a Comment