Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Oceanside, CA July 2, 2012

Oceanside, CA


Our first morning in Oceanside, June Gloom has extended into July. It was easy to sleep in with it not being sunny outside.

I spent a little time getting things squared away outside, flags up and a few other things.

Jeannette and the kids came by the RV Park as part of their daily bike ride. Emma and Wyatt rode their bikes and Jeannette jogged along with them. They rode a total of eight miles, it is almost two miles from the RV park to the Carlsbad Inn.

After a rest they headed back and Gerri and I got ready to go to the Carlsbad Inn too. Jeannette and Dana went to the grocery store with the two girls to get the things needed for a spaghetti dinner, so we went to Walgreens for a size band aide I forgot to bring. I hit the back of my hand on something and needed larger bandages than we were shopping for.

We hung around with Curtis and the boys until Dana and Jeannette got back from the store. Todd had left early in the morning to be at two meetings in the Lakewood area. With traffic and going by a shop to pick up Jeannette’s bike he didn’t get back to Carlsbad until about seven PM.

The grand kids seem to get along well. Well very noisily. I think I will take out my hearing aids when they are all together. That should cut the shrill screams down a little.

We got back to the coach at about 9:45. Gerri watched TV for awhile and caught up on her computer tasks. I tried to play Words with Friends on Facebook, but the connection was way too slow to play.

I don’t know when Gerri went to sleep but I went to bed just after Jay’s monolog.

It was a good day with family. By the way the sun did shine for awhile during midday and early afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment