Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Monday, July 9, 2012, Oceanside, CA

The sun was out by 9:30. I caught up with my Words with Friends games and created a new query for Oceanside on geocaching.com. Yesterday when we went caching along the San Lois Rey River Trail, many of the caches didn't show on my GPSR. I found out I had checked caches available to all users and many of the caches (the ones that didn't show) were for premium members only. I went out on my bike to find a few caches. The closest one to the park was one I hadn't found on two occasions. Armed with gloves and determination I headed out. I found the cache after some time hunting. It was about 20' from where I thought the hint and GPSR indicated. It was in the ivy that I love to search, but I spotted it. There is now one less cache on my DNF list. I did find two others before heading back to the park. One was a micro very cleverly concealed in a coax cable, the piece that connected the two ends was hollowed out and the log inserted. The cable looked like it belonged there and it took me a few minutes to figure it out.

Gerri got dressed and out of the coach for awhile. We sat by the pool for a couple of hours. I napped a little.

Later back at the coach I fried up some sausages and made a casserole with the sausage, eggs, cheese and tortillas.

We watched some old westerns and episodes of Pawn Stars before turning in.

No comments:

Post a Comment