Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, November 9, 2009

Nov. 8, 2009

From the Texas Hill Country.
Today’s narrative will be pretty short, unless I write in detail about the rain that started in mid morning. I started the day at about 7:20. I spent a little time making sure the bills were caught up and trying to change our credit card number with places that bill it on a recurring basis. Some of these folks have websites that are very difficult to maneuver. I’m tempted to just wait until they contact me after the charge won’t go through. I’ll miss some and that will happen that way anyway.
Paul and Ann left for their golf game at about 8:30. The rain started at about 10:00. It came in waves, heavy for a few minutes and then it would slacken for a few minutes, rinse and repeat. It was never as heavy as we experienced in Garrison. Of course Paul and Ann were rained out and came home earlier than they expected.
I called my mom who is visiting with her sister in Corpus Christi. We had originally planned to pick her up on Tuesday and now we have changed that to Sunday. That will give her more time to visit Gloria and she won’t feel like a 5th wheel when we are visiting friends here in the Hill Country. Of course I have been chided for not scheduling the pick up for next Monday. Ann is scheduled for jury duty that day and if she isn’t called for that day she and Paul have a golf tournament.
The afternoon was spent visiting and Gerri giving Paul more encouragement on Facebook. By the time we were ready to go to supper the rain had slackened. We went to an Italian Restaurant in Spring Branch. Now I don’t want you to get the impression that Spring Branch is like a city or even most small towns. Unless I have missed something, it covers a lot of rural area with scattered homes and businesses. The food was very good. Now you have to remember that for me a meal that I don’t have to help prepare or clean up after has to be pretty bad before I complain. This meal was very good. If you are ever in Spring Branch check out the Tuscany. If you don’t care for Italian there is a Mexican restaurant next door.
We went back to the house and to our own facilities. Paul and I logged on to World of Warcraft and knocked out some quests and both of us advanced a level.
Another good day. “ This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it,” Psalms 118:24.

No comments:

Post a Comment