Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Nov. 6, 2009


From N 29° 56.860’ W 98º 19.108’ Spring Branch, Texas.
We left Lake Conroe at about 10:30 AM. We headed to Paul and Ann Conner’s home near Canyon Lake in Spring Branch, Texas. About 250 miles to travel today. I choose the route that had the most Interstate, so we went south to Houston and picked up I-610 west and the west on I-10. We left I-10 at a point that took us to San Marcos. We stopped at the Wal in San Marcos to stock up. The only other stop we made was at a rest stop earlier for PR. After leaving the Wal I missed a turn on Texas 12. The cross street were to narrow to just go around the block so I continued on the mistaken route until the GPSR recalculated. The new route took us a little further and only made the trip about 10 miles longer.
At about 4 Pm we turned onto Paul’s street, make that road. Although the area has built up it’s still kinda country with the houses situated a good distance from each other. I saw lights flash ahead, Paul was waiting on his golf cart to guide us in. We hadn’t seen Paul and Ann since Sept. 2006, of course I talk to Paul when we play world of Warcraft. After greetings we got the coach set up in the most excellent RV site #1 that Paul set up. We have water and 50amp power. Paul had just finished installing an automatic light a few days ago. The site is very close to level and solid as the rock a fraction of an inch below the topsoil.
Cenábamos delicioso del alimento mexicano. Si tenemos comida mexicana más a menudo tendré que escribir esto en español. Oops; We had a delicious supper of Mexican food. If we have Mexican food more often I will have to write this in Spanish.
Before and during supper Gerri had ragged Paul about not being on Facebook. So after supper they spent some time getting him signed back up and showing him how to avoid some of the content he doesn’t care about.
After we went back to the coach for the evening Paul and I signed onto WoW and Paul helped me with some group quests. My Warlock is now level 64.
A great day with better to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment