Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Nov. 1, 2009


From the Thousand Trails Preserve, Lake Conroe, Willis, Texas.
Retired people shouldn’t have clocks. The plan for today was to take my mom into Spring this morning at 9 AM. She is going to visit with her sisiter in Corpus Christi for a week or so. I got the alarm set for AM and got up when it went off. I made my coffee and while checking my e-mail noticed the time on my computer, a little after 4. I didn’t hear Gerri when she reminded me about fall back for the end of day light savings time.
With that extra hour we got to Lawanna’s house in Spring on time. We went to a Mexican restaurant for breakfast. I had been warned about the huevos rancheros so I ordered a pancake breakfast. Very good food. We took some group pictures and the group split up. Back at Lawanna’s I got Glenna’s things into her sister’s car and off they went to Corpus.
Lawanna, her husband John and I shot the breeze for awhile before I headed back to Lake Conroe.
Since Friday evening we have been unable to send e-mail. We can go on the net and receive e-mail but not send. In the coach we can use either Verizon Broadband or Hughes Net and the park has WiFi. We can’t send from any of them. I was on the phone with Cox for more than an hour. The tech had me change some setting but the problem was never resolved. We are now sending out e-mail using Spamarrest. Off and on this summer we have had sending problems but were always able to switch networks and send. Not this time and it affects both computers. The tech from Cox tried to lay the blame on Outlook or Norton. I can’t buy that, we haven’t made any changes and the problem is with both computer, what are the odds?
I puttered around for awhile and then did a search for nearby caches. There were several. I found six within a couple of miles. One was chained to the Thousand Trails sign at the entrance of the preserve. I didn’t find one in a nearby cemetery, cemetery caches are common in Texas and a few other places but I still feel uncomfortable searching for them. I don’t worry about the occupants just their still living relatives and friends. Nowadays I consider six finds in a day very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment